Sunday, November 2, 2014

Rumor Heard: Winco Has GF Bread

A co-worker told me that Winco has gluten free bread.  I was rather surprised.  It is worth a look.  There are so many not good GF breads out there.  I either get fresh baked at Jake's Gluten Free Store on Fairview Avenue or I get Canyon Bakehouse brand at Whole Foods on Broadway in downtown Boise.  The truth is all the baked products and pasta are not healthy for us no matter what they are made out of.  Those starches just turn into sugar.  But it is better to have a PB&J sandwich with a glass of milk, than some big Mexican platter, if you are trying to eat healthy and watch your weight.  I enjoy quilting so much, I have been making toasted tuna sandwiches after work, so I can get right to doing what I love.  Having gone without bread for so long has made me really love toasted tuna sandwiches, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment